CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vegas Baby!!!!!


As I am still trying to catch up on my blogging from February (sigh) I felt it was a must to include the trip to Vegas in the updates! :D  How could I not?   Patrick works very long and hard hours and Nationwide has been very good to him (us) because we have been to some really nice places!! Perks of his hard work.  In February one of the perks was a trip to Vegas, on my birthday I may add.  It was definitely not a trip for the babies so my parents, as always were eager (i think, ha) to keep Cash and Arden and poor Alese was left behind at her mom's because she had school. 

The biggest part of the trip was the actual Nationwide Series Nascar race.  I am no Nascar fan for sure but Nationwide pulled out all the stops on this.  We were given VIP passes, had access to the garage, the pit area and most importantly we watched the race from the "Black Jack Club" which is located in the center of the race track.  We were wined and dined and had special guest visitors like Danica Patrick and Joe Gibbs.  Master P (Patrick) and I had our picture made with Joe Gibbs, he is a pretty amazing man, if you aren't sure who he is you should take a minute to find him in the Wikipedia!  After the race was over we were able the attend the celebration in Victory Lane with the winning driver which was Kevin Harvick and he took a picture with the Nationwide group.  The best part of the race came when we all got to "suit up" and ride along with a driver on the track!!! That was pretty amazing I must say!  At first I was very leery of doing that, I actually told Master P that I wasn't doing it.  I am mother for goodness sake, who in the world will raise my children if I crash and burn (literally) on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway?  Patrick sometimes forgets they need to eat so the thought of them being stuck with him all the time was enough to make me not want to chance it.  However, I was convinced that it was safe and a once in a lifetime chance.  My drivers name was Mark and the minute I got in the car with him I started my spill "my name is Julie, I have 3 precious children that I have to raise so if you wreck and kill me, I will haunt you forever and you won't like it!!!!"  I didn't get much reaction out of him but he did manage to keep my heart beating. 

Did I mention we rode in a Helicopter to the race?  Talk about a way to miss the traffic?! :)

We also had the pleasure of staying in the Four Seasons Hotel which is the top 4 floors of the Mandalay Bay.  It was beautiful and quite and there was  a "Charlie Palmer's Steakhouse" in it.  That is worth a wikipedia search as well.  Being that I graduated in Hospitality Management I obviously had heard and read about Mr. Palmer so I knew I was not leaving Vegas until we ate there!!  We finally squeezed it in for my birthday supper!!  FABULOUS!!!! :)  Thanks Patrick for all your dedication and hard work!  It is not unappreciated.


0 comments: