CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pooper Scooper and the Fair

I almost saved this post for when I have actually downloaded pictures that I could post but I will add them later.  Today Arden, Cash and myself loaded up and headed to Jackson for the state fair!! I grew up at that fair, showing cows and running around the midway for YEARS!!!  I miss it so much and I SAVORED up those moments today with them.  The kids have never been to the fair and they had so much fun! We started at the livestock barn or course where we visited with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Julie Douglas, her daddy (Pappy) and her babies Layne, John Rivers and Ramsey!  It was soooo good to see them and LONG over due.  We went to the barn that I spent MANY hours running through growing up where they display the duck pond.  It's where the ducks climb up the "stairs", feed out the feeding on top of the "barn" and then slide down the roof and into the water.  It was always my favorite and it was so fun to share that with Cash and Arden today!  We then wandered around the midway riding the ferris wheel, the carousel, the cars, etc...  We then made our way to the giant yellow slide, aka the feed sack slide.  I also grew up sliding down that thing!!  However I must admit the climb to the top seemed a lot more challenging today than it did  20 years ago, wonder why that is?  So I had been scratching my head all the way to Jackson wondering how I would be able to take both babies down the slide.  I was hoping they would just let me put both of them on my sack.  When I asked and they said "no, not safe" duh, I knew that, I quickly thought I would run get Layne to come ride with one of them.  However the "operator/ticket taker" said "one of my guys can take one of them down".  So that is what we did, a few times! ha  Cash, Arden, Larry and I began the climb to the top, Cash climbed into my lap and Arden climbed right into Larry's! ha  She hollered "wee" all the way down and as soon as we hit bottom they both started saying "do it again Mama"! ahhhh! so we did!  So once most of the money was spent and we were all getting pretty tired I asked Cash what he wanted to do next.  Please keep in mind that he had been for the past 45 minutes asking to go back to the barn so his response to my question didn't really surprise me; "i really just want to go scoop some poop"!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  My kid is natural born KUN-TREE!!  When we went back to the barn Layne got him a pitch fork and he started scooping up poop and Mr. Gary(aka Pappy) said "he is a natural"! ha!!!!  I started calling him "Pooper Scooper" as did Arden all the way home!  Can't wait to post the "stinky" pictures!! :)

Pony Ride!

Arden rode the pony all by herself!

They wanted to ride in a jeep like Daddy's!

This was one of Cash's favorite rides

Arden and Larry!! hahahaha  She loved him

The last time i rode down this slide he was in my tummy!

Cash and Douglas ha!

Making Mama proud! And Layne Brown too! ha

Love it!


Where ya gonna dump the dung Cash?


0 comments: