CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

These are a few of my Thankful Things...

Today is a day of giving thanks.  Before I deleted my face book page I have for the last three years listed something I was thankful for every day in November.  It isn't that I am not always thankful for these things it is just that November seems to be a time of year that we associate with giving thanks.  I am blessed, beyond measure, sometimes I feel guilty and even a little bit fearful, if that makes sense, for ALL my blessings. 

I am overwhelmed with gratitude and love for my healthy children, for their zest for life, for my parents and their health and the fact that I still have them both in my life.  They are strong sources of strength for me.  I am thankful for my husband, he can be difficult at times but watching a dear friend grieve the loss of her young husband this year has certainly enlightened me to how harsh and fast life can be.  I have some of the most faithful, loving friends anyone could ask for, some of them are fairly new and some of them have been in my life since I was a child, wow!!!  They know me inside and out, secrets, failures, flaws, successes, the good, the bad and the not so pretty and yet they still, somehow love me. 

I could blog pages about my family farm and my love for being there, for getting my kids OUT of the city and on the dirt!!  We love it there, I am SO thankful for a place to go, to breath, to see all God's beauty in its fullness.  We had a huge meal today at my parent's, I am thankful for that, there are those that struggle to buy groceries.  We often take these small things for granted.

Dear God,
You are the almighty, the Giver and the Taker.  Thank you for your abundant presence in my life, for all your gifts and blessings that never stop coming even when I am unworthy.  I am emotionally overwhelmed by your goodness and I love you!

0 comments: