CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

DHS....

It is certainly Monday around here!! I called DHS today and reported myself, I am hoping they come for the children in the morning. :-)  LOL!!

Okay in all seriousness, I am reading an amazing book called "Out of the Spin Cycle" by Jen Hatmaker.  She is hilariously raw and real to anyone who has or has ever had small children.  She is writing my thoughts and making me laugh! She talks about how our kids will not remember that we fed them hot dogs six times in one week, they won't remember that we sometimes bribe them with Berenstain Bears for 30 more minutes so we can finish supper.  They will remember how wildly we love them, how we listen to them when they talk and talk and talk.....we will wipe their tears, we will love them unconditionally!

Who knew that being a mother would be so hard, that it means remembering 10,000 things a day and that I would always worry that my kids are gonna end up in therapy if I mess up along the way! Wow, talk about pressure!!! There are no by the book methods that work, no "perfect" system to go by to ensure that they will turn out well, none of that is enough when it comes to parenting.  It is enough for me to show patience when I really want to cover my ears, hide in the closet and SCREAM at the top of my lungs because I just can't take another tantrum, so I will just have my own! ha  I am realizing that Christ forgives me over and over for the same sins, same mistakes, so it shouldn't be so hard for me to show some mercy to my children the same way.  I want to love like He loves, forgive like He forgives and prepare my children for this big, exciting world.  I know the ONLY way I can do that is to put goodness in because what I put in my heart is what will come out to them!!!  When I have not had my quiet time in the morning to pray and have silence before they begin to "need"  from me all day long, I loose it by the end of the day, I have no energy, no patience and least of all no mercy.  When I put goodness in, I am a better mama for it!!   Go get yourself a copy of this book, you will love it and it will make you laugh.  And let's face it Mama's, we are all in this journey together!!

0 comments: