CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Staying with my Roots

I mentioned in a blog recently that I have a "project" I am about to start.  As if I don't have enough project in the "Farm House Project" but I am having a chicken coop built for out backyard and about to purchase some chickens to brood for the kids.  I want them for eggs but I also want them for the kids to have an interest, something to help keep us in the backyard.  Since I grew up on a farm I LOATHE the television on during sunshine hours.  I am sure that Alese would attest that she LOATHES that I loathe that, lol.  Anyway, I just don't believe in sitting in front of a t.v.  I allow a little television but I definitely limit it!! So I have been at the beach reading my GRIT magazine, which  I LOVE.  This magazine has been around since the 1800's and it actually use to be a newspaper and my Pappy use to drive my daddy and some of his siblings around to sell it.  I love that I subscribe to a magazine that my grandparents use to read and my daddy use to sell to make a little money.  I am also reading up on chicken breeds, diseases, vaccines and all that goes with raising a few chickens.  I can't wait.  Stay tuned.....


0 comments: