CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

~Ard Family Christmas~

One thing that we can all agree on is that for some reason, Christmas at the farm is WILD!!!  Maybe it is because there are 7 kids but lots of families have that many or more so my vote is going with Gigi! She makes it wild because she loves Christmas so much and there are so many gifts to be passed around and all the kids are so much fun to watch.  We start snacking about mid afternoon but the real festivites don't start until 5pm.  That's when we get the kiddo's seated and we hand them all 1 gift at a time, that way we know who is getting what and everyone can see!!!  Me and mama played Santa this year and the "boys" helped the kids get into their presents.  Of course Cash (aka Papa's shadow) would only allow Papa to help him.  WOW!!! That is all I can say, it was so much fun seeing all the sweet expressions on their faces.  Me and mama laughed the entire time at  something that one of them was saying or doing.  Malaine got a puppy this year from Papa and Gigi, the gift that keeps on giving. LOL.... Everyone was real excited about the new addition to the family and Cinda has warmed up to everyone quite well.  Papa even lets her in the house. :)  After all the loot was handed out we all ate a delicious Christmas supper that Mama and I had got together during the week so we would not be cooking that day.  Once the kids were settled with all their goodies the "grown ups" got to open gifts.  Santa still brings me presents to the farm so I know I am a good girl. :)  I got a lot of nice things but I was most excited about my sewing machine! Not because I know how to sew but because I am learning how to sew and now that I have told all of you that, I can't back down!!!! 

Another Christmas tradition that mama has done with me for years is hide money in an ornament.  This is something we always do later Christmas night and sometimes if the party goes on to late we even do it the day after Christmas.  Mama hides money on or in an ornament and I have to hunt on the tree for it.  It took me a little longer this year to find it but I finally did! It was taped to the back of the Brookhaven Academy ornament!!!  Mama thought I would never find it but it was because she was being tricky this year!! 











I have to say this was the best Christmas in a long time!!!!  I guess because I see the pure joy in the faces of these precious children.  My wish is that every year I will teach them more and more about the real reason for Christmas.  Cash already will tell you that Santa comes on Jesus' birthday but I want him to truly understand what Jesus' birth means for us!!!  I look forward to sharing this with them over the years. 

0 comments: