CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year......

Happy New Year friends and family!!  We celebrated the new year (and our 6th wedding anniversary) at the farm.  Everyone piled in at John's house and Jason shucked a ton of oysters for our enjoyment! We had raw and baked oysters and John cooked some shrimp.  Yumo!  That's my word! :)  If the truth be told I acutally slept through the new year, man life has changed a lot the last ten years, for the better I might add.  I have to say that 2010 was a great year, I tend to believe that a year with all your family healthy, free from disease and heartache is a good year.  Our God is so good, and I am so thankful!  I had some dear friends loose their parents this year and I must admit that is a club I don't want to join any time soon, I feel SO thankful to have my parents and to be able to spend so much time with them, to have my children be able to spend so much time with them. 

One of the things that I am MOST EXCITED about this year is the fact that after 32 years with the USPS my sweet mama is retiring!!!! WOO HOO she has definitely put her time in and it certainly time for her to end that chapter in her life!

So I guess most folks do make resolutions for the new year so I guess I will jump on that band wagon too. I resolve to loose 10 pounds, seriously if I don't my jeans will just hate me for it! I also resolve to quit smoking, oh wait I don't smoke! Whew now all I have to do is loose 10 pounds! :D seriously, I have all kinds of thoughts about what I want to do. Get my house more organized, those that know me know that I really am pretty organized already but I am pretty tough on myself about my house being in order. Its a stupid, exhausting obsession and I have gotten better about it. Really I have. I would love to get back to waking early enough every day to pray for my family and spend a little more time with my Lord who has blessed me so much!!! I love to write to friends and before I had children I was much better about doing this but I bought a small storage box this week to keep all my notecards, stamps etc... For easier access. Now when I want to write a few cards I can just grab my little box and it is all ready to go. I have always felt that when God lays someone on your heart you should let them know! So to all of my family and friends reading this, I love you and I pray for God's blessings on your life this new year!

Here's to health and happiness and may we all live in peace with one another!

0 comments: